THE BENEFITS OF DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION
- Second Language Skills: Students achieve high proficiency in the immersion language.
- Cognitive Skills: Immersion students typically develop greater cognitive flexibility, demonstrating increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem-solving skills as well as an enhanced understanding of their primary language.
- Cultural Competency: Immersion students are more aware of and generally show more positive attitudes towards other cultures & an appreciation of other people.
- Performance on Standardized Tests: Immersion students perform as well as or better than non-immersion students on standardized tests in English.
- Long Term Benefits: Immersion students are better prepared for the global community and job markets where 21st century skills are an asset.