THE BENEFITS OF DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION
1. Second Language Skills: Students achieve high proficiency in the immersion language.
2. Cognitive Skills: Immersion students typically develop greater cognitive flexibility, demonstrating increased attention control, better memory, and superior problem-solving skills as well as an enhanced understanding of their primary language.
3. Cultural Competency: Immersion students are more aware of and generally show more positive attitudes towards other cultures & an appreciation of other people.
4. Performance on Standardized Tests: Immersion students perform as well as or better than non-immersion students on standardized tests in English.
5. Long Term Benefits: Immersion students are better prepared for the global community and job markets where 21st century skills are an asset.